Judo is a Japanese martial art that aims to strengthen players bodies and minds through its training. During the Judo session a player grips the opponent and tries to subdue him/her by throwing, holding or using strangling and arm lock techniques (strangles and arm lock techniques are taught from green belt onwards).
Judo can be used as a form of fitness, for helping with weight loss or becoming stronger mentally and physically, it will also teach you how to respect yourself and others. Judo is a demanding martial art that also teaches self-control and how to deal with everyday challenges that could knock your pride or cause humility.
Invergordon Judo Club has been operating for over 30 years, we have trained many Judoka (Players), some of those Judoka have worked very hard and achieved some amazing achievements in their Judo careers such as representing and winning medals in the Commonwealth Games, European Championships, World Championship as well as local & national competitions.
Invergordon Judo Club has lots to offer:
- Learn a martial art that is full contact
- Build and improve your confidence
- Learn some life skills that will help you in your day to day life
- Try something new
- Improve you fitness
- Work towards achieving your black belt
- Kai Grades (age 5-7): 09:00 - 09:40
- Mon Grades (age 8-14) 10:00 - 10:50
- Seniors (age 14+) 11:00 - 11:55